Thursday 15 October 2015

NYFW; BIBHU MOHAPATRA (SOMETHING NEW)


One of my favourite things about Fashion Week is the opportunity to discover a new and talented designer I previously knew nothing about. 

This  year off the New York Fashion Week Catwalk is Bibhu Mohapatra. The Indian-American designer, launched his eponymous fashion label in 2009 after a stint as Design Director at J Mendel.

 Quite frankly I'm a little disappointed that this is my first encounter with his design label but better late than never.

My first impression is bravo! The designers SS16 Collection is exquisite.

I love his use of variety in terms of print work in this collection; from banana prints, to geometric and playful abstract prints. The colour palette in this collection is refreshingly balanced with dark purples, pastels, white and mute greys and silvers making appearances.

The Silhouettes are modern and flattering and the embellishments of  the pieces are artfully executed; being  both glamorous and minimal. 

All in all an artisans collection.





























Thank you all for stopping by...xxx


IMAGES: VOGUE.

Pin It! Follow on Bloglovin Instagram

7 comments:

  1. Love this post!! I think that the dresses are awesome, they are so elegant and the colours are so vivids!! Congrats for this amazing post honey. Lots of kisses and have a nice day ^_^ HOpe you visit me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow amazing collection , Loved every single look , great colors
    also check out my blog

    https://thefashionsateen.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post and nice dresses
    kisses www.vanedresscode.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauueiful selection. I love your blog
    I hope you will like mine
    many kisses
    www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wao..all the dresses are stunning..nice post <3 you blog is amazing.I will really appreciate if u could visit my blog and
    follow me. I will follow you back for sure :)
    Have a nice day!

    Diaries of a hidden Fashionista

    ReplyDelete